Tuesday, January 18, 2011

O M G...Oreo, Minty, Goodness

 I made them again with white and milk chocolate. YUM!

I was asked to bring a dessert to a party last week. I wanted to try something new so as I was blog surfing when came across Bakerella which is one of my favorite sites. I got this idea from her and let me tell you. THESE ARE SO GOOD!! They are fairly easy (I am not the best when it comes to working with chocolate) plus I made it harder on myself by doing them heart shaped. I would recommend just doing balls because I think it would be much easier to dip. You can use regular or mint Oreos ( I used mint) and white, dark or milk chocolate (I used milk chocolate). TIP: Use baking (melting) chocolate. Chips will not work for this. 

Oreo Bites


One package of Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
one package of chocolate bark for melting

Using a food processor finely crush the Oreos. Mix with the cream cheese. From here you can shape the dough anyway you like. I used a tiny heart shaped cookie cutter to form the hearts but it took a LONG time and wasn't as easy to dip. Put your rolled balls on a pan lined with parchment paper. Put in freezer to firm them up.

Once your bites are nice and firm in the freezer begin to melt your chocolate. I love the melting chocolate because you can do it in the microwave without much worry.

I poked the bites with a skewer to dip in the chocolate. One at a time, I dipped them and raised them out and rotated them until the extra chocolate dripped off. Then hanging over the parchment paper I twisted the skewer until the bite fell off then I smoothed over the hole with chocolate. The chocolate will harden quickly because the bites are cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment