Thursday, March 24, 2011

Creamy Dill Dressing

For those of you who don't know, I grew up in Northern California. I don't live there anymore and haven't for many years. One of my favorite places in NorCal is La Bou Bakery. They have the best dill dressing. I don't even get salads there I just get a full baguette and a side of their creamy dill dressing and devour the whole thing myself. I will literally scrape the last drop of dressing out of the little plastic cup so nothing goes to waste. It's been so long since I have been back that I wanted to make it myself to hold me over. I have tried several ingredients trying to bring back those memories. Here it is for you to enjoy. You can use it as a salad dressing (you may want to double it) or use it  as a dipping sauce for bread. 


Creamy Dill Dressing


1 Tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix
2 large tablespoons fresh Dill (I used baby dill from the store) use more if needed
1/4 cup Mayo
1/4 cup cold water (less if you want it thicker)


Blend in blender for 30 sec. Chill before serving.

2 comments:

  1. DOES IT TASTE LIKE THE REAL THING?? Last time that we were there we bought two huge jars and froze one and brought it home!

    ReplyDelete