Friday, March 4, 2011

Symphony Brownies

I found an amazing brownie recipe I must share. I got it from this blog. I made it slightly different. I didn't have 4 oz. of unsweetened chocolate so I used 2 oz. of unsweetened and 2 oz. of milk chocolate. These are the best brownies I have ever had and I will never go back to a boxed brownie again. How could you go wrong when there is huge chunks of Hershey's Symphony bars inside!!


This is foil on the bottom of the baking pan and then prayed with cooking spray
This is what the batter looks like
I already had this huge candy bar on hand. Yes, This is normal for me and no I don't weigh 500 pounds. I like the one with almonds and toffee. You can use regular.

Symphony Brownies
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
12 Tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 cup flour
Symphony chocolate bar(s) I used 3/4 of the huge size. You will want 2 small bars. Break into pieces.


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar and add in eggs, extracts and salt. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined. Spread ½ the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Symphony Chocolate squares and cover with remaining ½ of brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake. Mine took about 34 min. Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.


TIP: If you have a plastic lettuce knife they work WONDERS when cutting brownies. If you don't have one, they are a few dollars at the store and are SO awesome. I would recommend them to anyone. Mine looks like this.

3 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! I love your blog, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going grocery shopping tomorrow. The ingredients for these brownies are definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete