Sunday, January 9, 2011

Milk Chocolate Souffles

I got this recipe from my good friend Martha. I changed her recipe a little though so here we go. P.S. This was my first time making a souffles so go easy on me. My daughter did say that it was the most delicious thing she had ever tasted.

You will need 4 ramekins for this recipe. I got mine for a few dollars each at Walmart.

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for the ramekins
3 large egg whites, room temp, plus 3 large egg yolks
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
5 1/2 ounces milk chocolate, melted (use quality stuff)
2/3 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
3 tablespoons sour cream

Garnish= confectioners' sugar


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the ramekins generously with butter; coat with sugar. Whisk whites with a mixer until frothy, ~2 min. Add cream of tartar; whisk until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup sugar; wisk until med. peaks form, ~5min.

Start your chocolate melting in a double broiler. Do the next steps while it's melting. KEEP AN EYE ON IT. In a saucepan, whisk milk into cornstarch and salt. Bring to a simmer. Stir until thick, ~ 2min. Whisk in chocolate once it's melted (mixture will separate). Whisk in yolks and sour cream. Gently fold in whites.

Fill ramekins evenly with batter. Bake on baking sheet, rotating halfway through, until souffles rise but centers are still liquid, ~15 min. Dust with confectioners' sugar.

1 comment:

  1. I can actually smell them. I will have to try the recipe.
    p.s. love the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete