Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lemon pancakes with strawberry syrup

These pancakes are fluffy and light which may be a bad thing because I could eat them all day long. My daughter will NOT eat strawberries so I make this syrup to trick her into eating them. She said it was so good so I say these are kid tested!


Strawberry syrup

8-10 strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup sugar
juice from one orange

I threw these ingredients into my magic bullet* to blend for about 30 sec. Then refrigerate until ready to use.

*If you don't want this to be a liquid just mix the ingredients and let sit for a half hour then scoop onto pancakes.


ingredients for the syrup
fresh orange juice
ALL DONE!

Lemon Pancakes

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 rounded tsp of baking powder

4 eggs, separated
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
3 lemons juice and zest (I used Meyer lemons because I think they are so yummy, They are a mix between lemons and mandarin oranges.)

1. sift together dry ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.

2. separate the egg yolks from the whites. Put the whites in a bowl you plan to whisk them in.
3. Add wet ingredients in with the egg yolks.
4. Zest and squeeze the juice from the lemons into the wet ingredients.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Whisk the egg whites to medium to stiff peaks. Then slowly fold into batter. The more delicate you do this the more fluffy your pancakes will be.

7. cook in pan or skillet. They take a little longer than the pancakes I usually make so be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment