Saturday, June 4, 2011

Greek Salad

My friend Nikki I mentioned earlier also introduced me to this salad. Seriously, if you haven't tried any of the salads I have posted, you are missing out. This one is another winner. You can substitute the sugar for sugar substitute if needed. This salad makes enough for a large group. The dressing makes enough for 2 salads but will keep in the fridge a least a week.

Greek Salad


Dressing:
1 cup canola oil

1/2 cup red wine vinegar 
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. mustard powder
1 salt
1/4 small red onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon Poppy seeds

Blend first 6 ingredients in blender until smooth.  Stir in poppy seeds. Refrigerate until chilled.


Salad:
3 romaine lettuce heads, rinsed dried and chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 package feta cheese


Toss all salad ingredients and serve with dressing once ready to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Nichole, This salad looks so good! Maybe it's because I'm hungry right now, but I could eat that everyday! I'm totally trying this one! Thanks! And Congrats on the new baby boy! If you are ever back in Sac let me know, I have a TON of baby boy things I can pass along to you.

    ReplyDelete