Friday, February 11, 2011

Toothfairy box

My daughter recently lost her first tooth. She was so excited about it. She worked on pulling it out for about a week and finally I tied floss around it like my dad use to do for me. She yanked it out within 10 minutes. It was a fun experience to share with her. I feel like she is growing too fast so I made this little container for her so she doesn't loose her tiny teeth.

I had this tin can (like an empty Altoids can) lying around the house. I knew I wanted to do something with it so I just held onto it.
I pulled some patterned and plain paper out of my stash. She loves pink of course! I used one of my flower punches to punch out a few flowers. Then I used a glue pen and covered one side of the flower with glue. I sprinkled pink glitter on it and set it aside to dry.
I layered the paper and glued it to the can. Then I used some embellishments I already had to make it girly. The flower, button and the "a" sticker. I also glued some ribbon around the base. I wanted it to be fancy.
I took the glittered flower and put a white glittered one behind it. Stick a brad through that and it's done!
The back needed something because there was a manufacturer's sticker so I glued a piece of matching paper and recorded the date so she can remember when she lost her first tooth.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I think I'll find some batman and Robin junk at the craft store... Noah would LOVE this when he loses his first tooth!

    ReplyDelete