Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cilantro Pesto Shrimp Quesadillas




It may sound weird. I got a little carried away with this one but I think they were pretty good. Trying to find delicious food for my hubby to eat while on his diet has been pretty fun. This one was made with a whole grain diet tortilla. You can also just make the shrimp and pesto sauce as an appetizer. Happy cooking!

Cilantro Pesto Shrimp Quesadillas


1 pound fully cooked, deveined, tail removed shrimp, chopped for this recipe
3/4 cup basil pesto (I just bought some. I have yet to make my own)
1 handful (about 3/4 cup) cilantro leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil depending on thickness of mixture. Use olive oil to loosen it.
1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
2 tortillas

In a food processor, combine pesto, salt, olive oil and cilantro. Pulse until well mixed. Toss with shrimp. In a saute pan, sprayed with cooking spray or butter place one tortilla top with shrimp mixture and cheese and the second tortilla. Flip over once browned.

1 comment: