Saturday, February 12, 2011

card gift box

I am going to show you how to make this cute little gift box that holds 3x3" cards. I made this Valentines one for my daughter's kindergarten teacher. You can see below I was very busy. I made 5 more as gifts.

They are fun because the person you give them to has three cards they can pass out. I did a few different 3x3 cards. These above and the others at the bottom of the blog.
Cut your box at 5 1/4" by 9 1/2 "
Score on the 9 1/2 inch side at 1", 4 1/4", 5 1/4" and 8 1/2" then on the width score at 1" on both sides. Fold all your score lines.
Place your paper horizontal like above. With scissors cut the one inch vertical lines in your 1 inch crease one both sides. You can see the ends really well in the picture above.
Using double sided sticky tape place your tape in these places seen above. PUT THE TAPE ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE BOX. You can tell that my box curves from the folds. Fold the box into its final shape and glue.
 
Here is the final product.

Decorate your box anyway you like. Then make your 3x3 cards by cutting a piece of card stock 3"x6" and fold. Design and your finished.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Nichole! I think you make the cutest cards, and the 3x3 size is so convenient when you're just sticking a note on some treats or something. thanks for this clever idea!

    ReplyDelete