Thursday, February 10, 2011

Must try chicken marinade

I love trying new recipes. If you have any great ones please let me know! I was blog surfing a while back and came across this chicken recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe I have tried it and it's my favorite way to eat chicken. It's best grilled but you can bake it as well. I use more seasonings than her recipe. Making marinades is very simple. The base is fat like oil and an acid like vinegar and then you can add pretty much anything else you like. Just remember that marinading too long can ruin the texture of the meat so 1-6 hours will do.


Oregano Chicken Marinade


1/3 cup oil
juice from 2 lemons
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a zip lock bag. Place 2-4 chicken breasts in the bag. Make sure you squeeze all the air out of the bag as you seal it.  Refrigerate up to 6 hours. Grill or bake at  350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until center of chicken reaches 165 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. I tried it. So delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete