Monday, February 7, 2011

Salt and Pepper Chicken with Sweet Potato puree

This healthy dinner is very easy to make. The puree is very silky and flavorful plus I HEART asparagus. Too bad I tried to have this meal ready right when the Mr. got home from work but of course, he was an hour late which meant it was cold. He still liked it:)








Sweet Potato Puree


2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt and pepper each plus more for seasoning
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons heavy cream
juice from one lemon

In a medium size pan heat broth, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper and vanilla. Once boiling, add chopped sweet potatoes. Turn down heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft. Use a straining spoon to extract the sweet potatoes, (SAVE the broth) put the sweet potatoes in a food processor. Add cream and lemon juice. Puree until silky smooth. Add broth if mixture is too thick.

I salt and peppered my chicken. Then I pan-fried it for only a few minutes on each side. I buy the chicken that is already flattened so it cooks evenly and quickly.

blanched my asparagus:)

No comments:

Post a Comment