Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fruit and Pecan Salad with dressing

My awesome friend Nikki made this salad for me one day and it was so yummy I had to share. I love making my own dressings because I can change the ingredients to make it healthier or not:) I wouldn't change a thing to this though!!

Dressing

2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 lemon juice (fresh makes it WAY better)
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons chopped green onion
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon poppy seed

Blend first 5 ingredients in blender for 30 sec. Add poppy seeds in and refrigerate a few hours to chill before serving.

Fruit and Pecan Salad

8 cups mixed green salad
1 red apple with skin, chopped
1 green apple with skin, chopped
1 pear with skin, chopped
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup crasins
1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted 

Toss together with dressing and serve immediately. YUMMY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment