Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers


 I have a confession. I hate football season. When my husband and I got married his thought about me was college athlete must = college sports fan. WRONG. Sorry BYU. I love you and it was a great 4 years but I really don't care to watch your games. I do care about their swimming but since I can't watch that on TV I am out of luck. The reason for the hostility towards these next few months is the monster my husband turns into. Some of you may know what I am talking about. Our life the next few months will revolve around sports. Not the new baby coming in 7 weeks but the Boise State football season. I try my best to be supportive. He works hard and loves this time of year so I won't take ruin that for him. To help get in the "spirit" of no date nights for the next few months I made these jalapeno poppers for my hubby. I mean, at least he needs some good food to eat during these games right?

These little puppies aren't too much to look at I know (I should work on my styling) but they were better than any restaurant appetizer I have ever had. I have a fryer but I just did these on the stove top so anyone can do them!

Jalapeno Poppers


10 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded 
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
4 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup dry bread crumbs
1.5 quarts oil for frying (may not need that much depending on your pan size)

In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and bacon. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves. Put the milk the flour and the breadcrumbs into separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes. Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated. In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F. Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment