Saturday, May 14, 2011

S'more Bits

You have got to try this recipe. My dad introduced me to it. I finally had an excuse to make lots of goodies and not have them sit on the counter so I tried these out. They are tasty! They are fairly simple to make and different from the normal boring cookie. Let me know if you try it! P.s. I wish I would have had a few more to myself before I brought them to a party:)


Finished Product!
I used my 1 tsp to press the graham crackers 
After the Marshmallows have been baked
I used a double boiler to melt the chocolate


S'more Bits yields 24 bits


9 whole graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 stick butter, melted
8 oz. milk chocolate, melted
12 large Marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush the graham crackers by putting them in a Ziploc bag and roll with rolling pin. In a bowl mix crushed crackers with the sugar and butter. Scoop cracker mixture into each well of a 24 count mini cupcake pan. See picture above. Press mixture down so that it holds firm. Bake in oven for 5 min. While that baking, cut each of the 12 marshmallows in half cross wise. You can dip kitchen shears in cold water first and the marshmallows won't stick. Remove the pan from the oven and place half a marshmallow on top of each crust. See photo above. Bake 2 minutes longer. Cool pan on a rack for 15 min. While that is cooling begin melting your chocolate in a double boiler. Stir continuously. Carefully remove each bit from the pan and dip marshmallow top in melted chocolate. Place on a plate or rack so chocolate can set. It will take 30-40 for the chocolate to harden. Your done!

recipe adapted from: Pampered Chef


No comments:

Post a Comment