Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Frozen Hot Chocolate

After picking up my first grader from school yesterday she begged me for some ice cream because she was so hot. Now I know that I don't live in a really "hot" place but for us it was hot and we were thirsty. We made this drink instead of having ice cream and it hit the spot. We were all chilling in the August heat. What a great after-school treat. I need to tell my mom to make this for my little sister. She has a thing for hot chocolate.

Frozen Hot Chocolate


1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
3 tsp hot chocolate mix
1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cups ice
whipping cream (optional)


Use the double boiler method or the microwave to melt the chocolate. Once melted , add the cocoa and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.*This is important*

In a blender place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and desired consistency.  Pour into a cups and top with whipped cream if desired. Makes about 5 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment